A band nerd and a happy-go-lucky persona is what describes our today’s Artists Centerstage Musician. Hailing from Vancouver, Canada, We have with us the amazing pop artist “Kristen Karma”.
Kristen Karma is no stranger to the ever growing music industry and has achieved a lot since the start of her music career. From her catchy beats songs combined with heavy powerful guitar solos to wowing the audiences with her energetic live performances, Kristen has done it all.
So, Let’s check out how her journey into music began, her music inspiration, and how she felt when she opened for AKON.
- Introduce yourself to our audience, what genre of music do you consider your work to be?
Hello! My name is Kristen Karma and I am a Pop Artist in Toronto, Canada. My music is a combination of catchy dance beats, wicked guitar solos and infectious pop melodies which are sure to get anyone and everyone dancing to the music!
- What and who were your early passions and influences, What inspires you to make music?
When I really started getting into music the first album that really spoke to me was Avril Lavigne’s debut album Let Go. I got that for Christmas and would play it on repeat nonstop. There was something that drew me in and I couldn’t stop listening!
- Tell us about that one memorable performance and favorite venue which you still wish to happen again?
That would have to be when I opened for Grammy Award Winner AKON at his Guelph stop on his Canadian Promo Tour in 2017. The venue was packed with fans and energy was off the charts! It was the first time playing in Guelph, Ontario as well which made it really special. I’d play there again for sure!
- Any funny story of a mess up during your performance where you handled that situation like nothing happened?
There have been some pretty comical fans in the audience but as for on stage, my band members and I are always having fun and making each other laugh!
- If you could collaborate with any musicians(dead/alive), who would you collaborate with and why?
I’d have to say hands down that would be Lady Gaga. He’s got impeccable songwriting skills, and her vocals are out of this world. Plus, the visions for her live performances are unlike anything that’s out there. I’d love to be able to do a song with her one day.
- Any Tips to keep the balance between professional and music life?
Make sure you always do what makes you happy. The balance is important but keep doing at least one thing a day that moves you towards your passion and towards your end goal.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a Musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
The biggest challenge for me especially when I was just starting out was my confidence. When I started I would play behind pianos and my laptop, but have learned to have fun and really engage the audience. I want to make sure everyone is having fun!
- What Tools and techniques you use to improve your singing/instrumental playing?
I play guitar and piano and am always trying to improve my playing and/or vocals on a daily basis
- What type of Gadgets and instruments do you use while practicing? And, Do you have any specific name of your instrument?
My main instrument is the piano so I am always playing and writing on there. However, I’m learning to play the acoustic guitar and alternate between both instruments quite a bit! No specific names for my instruments though… I’m open to suggestions!
- Would you like to share a testimonial for Guitaa? If Yes, Why do you love Guitaa?
Thank you for taking the time to interview me! It’s been a pleasure!
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to become an Artist?
Never give up, and believe in yourself. At the end of the day it’s your vision and your passion. Be 100% behind what you want to say and don’t doubt yourself.
So, this was “Kristen Karma”. Want to know how you can follow Kristen on social media? Then, click on the links below: