Hailing from the Capital city of Michigan, Today, on Guitaa Artist Centerstage, we have a professional award-winning, singer/songwriter & member of the National Academy Recording Arts & Sciences “Martone”.
The Pop/EDM recording artist has been hitting the ground running in the music industry since 2014 and has manifested a raw and original sound which makes him popular in his genre.
Let’s get to know more about this creative artist, how his journey into music began, about his most difficult challenge as a musician, and many more.
- Introduce yourself to our audience, what genre of music do you consider your work to be?
My name is Martone, my genre of music is dance/house/electronic music.
- What and who were your early passions and influences, What inspires you to make music?
Musically, my influences are artists like Janet and Michael Jackson. Some of my early passions include dancing and writing songs. What inspires me is love, and the idea of writing songs that are inspirational to those who may be suffering in that area. I also think in terms of something that is bigger than myself – I tend to write songs that are timeless for generations to come.
- Tell us about that one memorable performance and favorite venue which you still wish to happen again?
My very first performance as an artist was at The Prophet Bar in Dallas, TX. It was fun because a lot of friends came out to support. Plus, HeadKrack from the Rickey Smiley Show was there. Now that I am home in Michigan, and getting ready to release my new project Erogenous Zone – I hope that friends and family will come out to support. There is nothing like having friends and family root you on.
- Any funny story of a mess up during your performance where you handled that situation like nothing happened?
Of course, there have been fuck-ups that were not funny at least at that time. But, I would say just double check everything and be prepared to bring your own equipment and do a soundcheck prior to the performance.
- If you could collaborate with any musicians(dead/alive), who would you collaborate with and why?
I would love to do a collaboration with Janet Jackson, our styles are similar and to be able to dance with her I just think that would be hot. I would also like to do a song with Lil Nas X he is hot right now, and I love his style.
- Any Tips to keep the balance between professional and music life?
I am still learning after all these years. I really do not have a balance at the moment mainly because I am married to a singer that is in the same genre of music that I am. My cousin is my producer and my brother Marvin is my remix producer. So things are always intertwined, but the best thing about it is that we are always on the same page.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a Musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
My biggest challenge as a performer is that my imagination is bigger than my bank account. I would say that having faith will allow me to overcome that challenge. You really have to believe in yourself.
- What Tools and techniques you use to improve your singing/instrumental playing?
I got a vocal coach for my current project, and all of the sessions were recorded. I think it is best to re-listen to those sessions especially if she is not readily available.
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to become an Artist?
Just know who you are and stay true to your art. Most of all, and most importantly do not ever give up.
So, this was Martone. Want to know how you can follow him on social media? Then, check out the links below:
Itunes Link :