Hailing from Netherlands, Today, on Guitaa Artist Centerstage, we have an incredible singer/songwriter with us and her name is “Sharmila”. Sharmila has an unique way of producing music to the audience and also focuses on expressing herself through variety of genres.
So, Let’s get to know more about this amazing artist, how her journey into music began, about her influences, and many more.
- Introduce yourself to our audience, what genre of music do you consider your work to be?
Hi, my name is Sharmila. I’d say pop music, but sometimes i’ll do some other music genres too depending on the type of song i write.
- What and who were your early passions and influences, What inspires you to make music?
From an early age i was always busy with dancing and took dancelessons when i was 7 years old. My influences are 80’s and 90’s artists and i always loved artists who did sing and dance both. Through music i can express myself.
- Tell us about that one memorable performance and favorite venue which you still wish to happen again?
Opening for O Town last year at the Star Theater, it was also my first time in the US.
- If you could collaborate with any musicians(dead/alive), who would you collaborate with and why?
Then i would go back in time and work with 80’s and 90’s artists
- What has been your biggest challenge as a Musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
- What Tools and techniques you use to improve your singing/instrumental playing?
I’ve had speech level singing vocal lessons.
- What type of Gadgets and instruments do you use while practicing? And, Do you have any specific name of your instrument?
Just instrumentals and my voice.
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to become an Artist?
Stay true to who you are, focus on your art and what you love.
So, this was “Sharmila”. Want to know how you can follow her on social media? Then, check out the links below: