Today, on Guitaa Artist Centerstage, we have an awesome musician who is establishing and spreading his amazing aura of music and talent all over the world. We present you “Rockstar Marcus“.
Marcus is an alternative hip hop artist who’s producing amazing music and has been getting a lot of appreciation from around the world.
So, Let’s get to know more about this cool artist, about his challenges as an artist, and many more.
- Introduce yourself to our audience, what genre of music do you consider your work to be?
My name is Rockstar Marcus and I would consider my style alternative hip hop. I mix rock, pop, r&b, and hip hop into one sound. It’s just for vibes.
- What and who were your early passions and influences, What inspires you to make music?
Honestly my earliest inspirations came from skateboarding. Back in middle school if I wasn’t playing sports I was outside skateboarding or playing the old Tony Hawk video games. The soundtracks to the games would feature punk rock bands with a little bit of hip hop songs in there so that’s what I grew used to listening to. When guitar hero hit the scene that further pushed me towards rock music and inspired me to learn guitar. I asked for Jimi Hendrix CDs for my birthday. He definitely was an inspiration for me. One of my favorite bands is Paramore I used to listen to them through my mp3 player while I skated back in the day. I’ve always crushed on Hayley Williams plus she’s an amazing singer. My hip hop influences came when my sister bought me a bootleg Wale Ambition album in high school. That was the first time I actually sat down and discovered hip hop. From there I started listening to Chief Keef, and all of the of the other hip hop artist coming up in 2012. What inspires me to make music is just people around me and life experiences. I’ve always been creative and I’m surrounded by a creative family, so why not create? The feeling of listening to a completed song that is something that never existed before truly inspires me. To have people stop and listen to my tracks is as well.
- Tell us about that one memorable performance and favorite venue which you still wish to happen again?
I loved Sandfest because it was outdoors and I love being outside. I love the sun. That was my first live show as an artist which was dope because once you get the first one out the way you get a lot more comfortable up there. I’m definitely doing more festivals next year and would like Sandfest to be one of them.
- Any funny story of a mess up during your performance where you handled that situation like nothing happened?
Most of songs are freestyles late at night so sometimes I forget my own lyrics. Well, long story short I forgot the first half of my verse to an unreleased song I performed and just started dancing until I was back on track.
- If you could collaborate with any musicians(dead/alive), who would you collaborate with and why?
I love Lana Del Rey. I listen to her a lot and think she has a great vibe. I think we would vibe well on track
- Any Tips to keep the balance between professional and music life?
I would say integrate the two. As a musician you are your band and your brand. So carry yourself as such everywhere you go. I never go around telling people I do music or listen to my songs but if it comes u, it comes up.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a Musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
My biggest challenge was finding my sound. I listen to so many genres of music that I feel like I want to do it all. I still want to do it all, but I just going to stick to what I’m best at.
- What Tools and techniques you use to improve your singing/instrumental playing?
Green Tea. I drink green tea daily. It helps sooth my voice. You have to drink it hot though or else you defeat the purpose. Nobody relaxes in a tub full of cold water.
- What type of Gadgets and instruments do you use while practicing? And, Do you have any specific name of your instrument?
I use piano app on my phone. I play certain notes and try to match those notes.
- Would you like to share a testimonial for Guitaa? If Yes, Why do you love Guitaa?
Guitaa is a great platform for aspiring musicians what else is there to say. I love what they’re doing, and it’s impact doesn’t go unnoticed.
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to become an Artist?
Don’t be afraid to take those first steps.
So, this was the cool artist “Rockstar Marcus”. Want to know how you can follow him on social media? Then, check out the links below: